Terms & Conditions
The Bradford Exchange are committed to complying with all relevant legislation on Data Protection and have published this guide to help you understand how and why The Bradford Exchange collects information from you, to whom such information is disclosed and what your rights are. If we make changes to this Policy we will notify you by updating this statement on our website. You can access our Website home page and browse our site without disclosing your personal data. However, when you register with The Bradford Exchange you will be asked to provide certain information about yourself.
Information that we collect from every visitor to our website
We collect anonymous cookie information about the site pages, items, stores and articles you view. This is not used with personally identifiable information (such as the name and address you give us when you place an order), but as aggregate information (group information) that helps us learn more about how people use and react to our site, thereby helping us to create a more enriching shopping experience for you. We store information about items you add to your cart so that your cart selections are not lost between visits, but we will not know who placed the items in the cart unless you log in or place an order.
Access, correct, or update your personal information
At The Bradford Exchange, we endeavour to act fairly and honestly in all our customer transactions. We keep complete and accurate records – should you wish to do so then it is your right to request information on the nature of the personal details we hold, how we collect it, how we use it and how we disclose it. If you wish to access, correct or update your personal information then simply contact us:
By Post: Bradford Exchange, PO Box 658, Stoke-on-Trent, ST4 4RT
By Phone: 0333 003 1545
By Email: [email protected]
Through our website: https://www.bradford.co.uk/contact-us/
If you are unhappy with any response, please contact Mr. James Moore, our Data Protection Officer, at the above address, phone number or by email at [email protected]
Collection and use of your personal information
We only collect personal information by lawful and fair methods. This means we are never intrusive when it comes to dealing with our valued customers. We collect information about our customers via order forms, media advertisement coupons, emails, questionnaires, telephone conversations and surveys.
All the data we hold is subject to General Data Protection Regulations, and is kept within the European Economic Area. Data is securely stored in alignment with best practices and for the standard statutory period required by EU Law, which is currently 10 years. We use the following personal data in our Legitimate Business Interests to process your order and to advertise our products:
Your Contact Details:
To produce and personalise (if required) your order
To send your order to you and collect payment.
To keep you up to date with the progress of your order
To ensure we contact you through your preferred means
Accurate Record Keeping
We keep a record of what you have bought, to enable us:
To ensure the guarantee periods are met
To keep a record of your payments and instalment plans
To send you information on other products we think may be of interest, based on previous purchases
We keep a record of previous offers we may have sent you to avoid sending the same offer again, which also helps reduce our environmental impact.
We keep a brief record of any correspondence or telephone calls we may have had with you so that we may always strive to help you with any question.
Automatic Data Processing
We automate our data processing to ensure efficient and accurate processing of your payment and dispatch of your order.
We use fair rules based on anonymised data analysis to offer a level of interest-free instalment payments. However as we do not have access to your personal financial situation, it is up to you to consider the affordability of any purchase you make.
In personal contact with our customers we always seek to offer the best service we can at all times and may review and refine any automated processing to improve our service and protect our legitimate business interests.
Third Party Services
We seek to maintain accurate contact details, including checking your contact details through commercially available records. For example, we check addresses against lists held by Royal Mail to ensure that they are accurate.
We may, with your permission, perform a credit check before allowing you to purchase on our interest free instalments.
From time to time, we use this information to offer you special promotional offers and exciting product opportunities that we deem to be of benefit or relevance to you as an individual. As such, the nature of personal information we collect is strictly relevant to the offer, product or service we are recommending or endorsing. This information is obtained using fair, honest and reputable methods only.
Disclosure of your personal information
We may occasionally make your details available to other reputable marketers who believe they too are promoting products that are of interest to you. We work with Epsilon Abacus (registered as Epsilon International UK Ltd), a company that manages the Abacus Alliance on behalf of UK retailers. The participating retailers are active in the clothing, collectables, food & wine, gardening, gadgets & entertainment, health & beauty, household goods, and home interiors categories. They share information on what their customers buy. Epsilon Abacus analyses this pooled information to help the retailers understand consumers’ wider buying patterns. From this information, retailers can tailor their communications, sending people suitable offers that should be of interest to them, based on what they like to buy. However, under no circumstances will we pass on email addresses or telephone numbers.
If you prefer not to be included in such mailings or to receive offers from exterior marketers, please write to ‘Customer Services Mailings’, The Bradford Exchange, 2nd Floor, Churchill House, 47 Regent Road, Hanley, Stoke-On-Trent ST1 3JJ or email us at [email protected].
Please note that we may disclose personal customer information in response to legal process, such as in response to a court order, collection agency, law enforcement agency or a subpoena.
If you have experienced an issue with your data and we have been unable to solve the issue to your satisfaction, you have the right to complain to the Information Commissioners Office.
Security of your personal information
Protecting your personal privacy is our main concern. We take reasonable steps to ensure that all information we collect, use or disclose is accurate. It is either stored or eventually destroyed in a secured environment accessed only by authorised personnel.
Please note that Epsilon Abacus may transfer your data outside the EEA. The transfer will take place in the presence of appropriate safeguards, including standard data protection clauses adopted by the EU Commission. If you would like more information, please contact us using the details above.
We fully recognise the importance of secure shopping and the protection of your credit card details when purchasing from us or from our affiliated companies online. Our web server uses proven technology to encrypt your personal information, including debit or credit card numbers, names and addresses. When you place an order, the encryption process converts the characters you enter into code that is then securely transmitted over the Internet. This eradicates the potential accessibility of your personal financial data by outside individuals or agencies and all related fraud.
The Bradford Exchange will send you from time to time catalogues, special offers and promotions by post, email, SMS and phone.
If you do not wish to receive any further email messages from us, (if you unsubscribe we will not be able to send you preview details before anyone else) please contact us here.
If you do not wish to receive any further posted mailings from us, please contact us here.
If you do not wish to receive any further offers via phone please contact us here.
If you do not wish to receive any further offers via SMS please contact us here.
Please ensure that in each opt-out you include your full name and address as well as account number if applicable.
You have the right to request changes to your Marketing Permissions at any time, to see any information we hold about you and to request we delete any data. Please note, that we have a right to hold any data if we consider it is necessary to protect us from fraud or under our legal obligation to keep accurate financial records. If you request we delete your data, we may keep your contact details to prevent you from being added to our database in the future.
Please note that, as catalogues are printed in advance, it may take up to 6 weeks for the process to be complete. It may take up to 2 weeks for emails.
Returns, Cancellation & Delivery Policy
Our Promise to Our Collectors
- The Bradford Exchange take great pride in the quality and craftsmanship of its products, we promise your satisfaction is 100% guaranteed or your money back.
- Shop with confidence knowing that if you are not completely satisfied with your purchase, you may return it to us within 14 calendar days
- We promise there is never any commitment for you to purchase any further items from a collection.
- Each and every coin we send to you is sent without any obligation on your part. This means we 100% guarantee you do not have to keep any issue you don’t absolutely love.
- We make it easy for you to complete your collection by reserving any subsequent coins in the collection for you, which means no more gaps in your prized collections and no risk of future price increases or sell-outs.
Where do you deliver?
- We currently deliver to anywhere within the U.K. including Northern Ireland. Please note, express delivery is not available for offshore addresses. Please allow extra time for delivery to remote and rural areas.
How long will delivery take?
- We will only process your payment once your item is being despatched to you.
- If an item is in stock, we aim to deliver your order directly to your door within 8 to 10 working days.
- Sometimes items may take longer to be despatched than anticipated and we work closely with our manufacturers to ensure delivery times are kept to a minimum. We will advise you if there is a delay with your order within 28 days of you placing it.
- If the delivery is with Royal Mail and you’re not at home when they try to deliver your item(s), they will leave a delivery card explaining how to collect it from your local sorting office.
- If the delivery is with a courier and you are not at home at the time of delivery, they will leave a delivery card for you to contact them so you can re-arrange a more convenient time for them to deliver your item(s).
How do I change or cancel my order?
- If you need to change details of your delivery address, remove items from your order, change your order or cancel it completely, please contact our Customer Services team on 0333 003 1545. Our lines are open Monday-Friday – 9am-5pm and Saturdays – 9am-4pm. Please be ready to quote your order number and order date.
- We will do our best to cancel your order before it leaves our warehouse. However, depending on whether your order has already been selected for despatch it may not be possible to cancel your order in which case please follow the procedure for returning an order to us.
What is your returns policy and procedure?
- All purchases are backed by Bradford Exchange’s 14-day approval, no-quibble money-back guarantee.
- We offer an easy-returns service should you decide not to keep an item just send it back to us within 14-days and owe nothing.
- If you would like to return your product, please contact our friendly UK Customer Service Team on 0333 003 1545, or you can simply print out the return label by clicking here and follow the instructions printed on the label.
- All returns must be returned in their original condition, with all original packaging (including the original display cases, outer protective boxes, certificates of authenticity, etc.). Any free or bonus promotional items associated with your purchase must also be returned at the same time.
- You will be required to provide proof of purchase from the Bradford Exchange (i.e. your invoice or receipt).
- Once we receive the returned item/s we will automatically process your refund. Refunds will be provided in the same form of payment originally used for your purchase and may take up to 14 days from the date we receive the returned items.
Why do we offer a saving on the first coin in a set?
- We believe this is the best way to introduce you to a collection and trust that this first coin will assure you of the quality of craftsmanship and convince you that this is a collection not to be missed.
How our collections work:
- By purchasing the Battle of Britain 80th Anniversary £5 coin you will be guaranteed access to the remaining five coins in the Battle of Britain 80th Anniversary Coin Set, each coin will be sent entirely on approval at just £39.95 +£3.99 postage and packaging service.
- The Bradford Exchange applies stringent quality controls to all its coins and you have the added assurance that every issue is sent on 14-days approval. There is no risk and no commitment to buy – you can view each coin before making up your mind whether to add it to your collection.
- Each of the future coins will be sent to you to view entirely on approval and without obligation, at approximately 3-4 weekly intervals on The Bradford Exchange 14-day home approval service.
- You can relax knowing that you will be able to complete your set, easily and affordably, should you choose to do so. You’re not at risk of an increase in the price on the remaining commemoratives in the set, nor will you miss out due to an edition sell-out.
- For your convenience you do not need to order each coin separately – simply pay for the editions you choose to keep as and when you receive them. If you have paid by credit or debit card, we will use the same payment method for subsequent issues. If you wish to amend your payment instructions, you may do so at any time.
What if I don’t want any more coins or change my mind about the collection?
- We make it easy for you to opt-out of any collection. Should you, at any time, not wish to continue with a collection – simply call us on 0333 003 1545. Our lines are open Monday-Friday – 9am-5pm and Saturdays – 9am-4pm.
- Or send us an email to [email protected] with your customer number and we will cancel your collection. You may also contact our customer services team in writing at: The Bradford Exchange, 2nd Floor, Churchill House, 47 Regent Road, Hanley, Stoke-On-Trent ST1 3JJ
- All purchases in a collection, from the first issue to the last are backed by Bradford Exchange’s 14-day approval, no-quibble money-back guarantee. If you decide not to keep any issue in the collection that we have sent to you just send it back to us within 14-days and owe nothing. Please follow the steps in our easy-returns service as outlined above.
Am I committed to buying any further coins?
- No. In fact, you aren’t even committed to buying this first coin. If, after receiving it you decide it is not for you, simply return it to us, within 14 days, for a refund.
- Similarly, each coin in the set will be sent to you to view entirely on approval and without obligation, at approximately monthly intervals. You only need to pay for the coins you wish to keep and may stop collecting at any time; just call us to let us know.
- We promise you do not have to keep any coin that you don’t absolutely love.
My query isn’t answered above, how can I contact the Bradford Exchange?
- The easiest and quickest way to answer your query is to send us a note via our Contact Us page.
- You can send us an e-mail at [email protected]
- Or call our friendly UK customer service team on 0333 003 1545, Calls to 0333 numbers are chargeable at local rates from both UK landline and mobile phones but they are also included in most network providers’ “free minutes” packages. Our UK call centre’s opening hours are: Monday-Friday – 9am-5pm and Saturday – 9am-4pm.
- If you would like to contact us by post, please write to us at:
The Bradford Exchange, 2nd Floor, Churchill House, 47 Regent Road, Hanley, Stoke-On-Trent ST1 3JJ.